- Bozoma Saint John took the top advertising task at Netflix almost a calendar year back.
- She’s since poached players from Spotify and Condé Nast’s Allure for essential positions.
- Insider has discovered 9 prime marketers less than Saint John.
- See more stories on Insider’s company page.
designed just one of its most important the latest exterior hires when it tapped final year Bozoma Saint John to run marketing.
The previous Endeavor, Uber, and Apple exec turned Netflix’s CMO in August.
She has since been developing a team of entrepreneurs, equally from inside and outdoors the streaming enterprise.
Saint John hired in June Marian Lee Dicus from Spotify to guide Netflix’s promoting efforts in North The united states. Later that exact same month, she poached former Attract editor Michelle Lee to run editorial and publishing.
Most of Saint John’s top rated deputies, including the folks liable for each area Netflix operates in, now feel to be in spot.
Her advertising and marketing workforce consists of:
- Danielle Criminal-Davies, VP, EMEA marketing, who has held the publish for about 3 decades. The former Vodafone and Starbucks marketer joined Netflix in 2014. She aided the streamer amass 68.5 million paid subscribers in the location.
- Marian Lee Dicus, VP, UCAN marketing and advertising, is the former Spotify exec who joined Netflix in June. She was the world wide co-head of songs in her earlier task. Right before that, she was a marketer at J.Crew, online retailer Gilt Groupe, and Condé Nast. Saint John said she hired Lee Dicus in portion for her varied expert encounter.
- Shelly Gillyard, VP, US sequence internet marketing, is a previous Nike and Nickelodeon exec who moved around to Netflix in March. Saint John praised Gillyard’s “impressive observe history of driving discussions” in her seek the services of announcement. Gillyard reports into Lee Dicus.
- Jonathan Helfgot, VP, authentic movies promoting, is dependable for advertising Netflix’s movies to a world-wide viewers. He joined Netflix in 2018 from 20th Century Fox. Saint John has described Helfgot as a “an excellent and regular chief” inside of the Netflix’s advertising department. He studies into Lee Dicus.
- Michelle Lee, VP, editorial and publishing, is becoming a member of Netflix later this thirty day period to oversee the streamer’s social-media channels this kind of as “Potent Black Direct,” its suite of podcasts, and its other editorial operations like the magazine Queue. She was formerly editor-in-main of Condé Nast’s Attract Magazine, and held prime roles at Nylon Media and Magnified Media, amongst other roles.
- Eric Pallotta, VP, brand, is liable for all the streaming service’s model marketing and advertising get the job done. He most not long ago led the start of the Netflix campaign, “One particular Tale Away.” Just before Netflix, Pallotta was a director at agency PMK-BNC.
- Vinicius Losacco, VP, LATAM internet marketing, has served form Netflix’s marketing and advertising and brand approach in Latin America, the place it now has 38 million paid subscribers. He’s been with Netflix since 2013, which includes via the launch of massive initial series in the location like “Narcos” and “La Casa De Papel.”
- Barry Smyth, VP, APAC marketing and advertising, has also been a critical marketing and advertising determine in just Netflix for years. Right before he was promoted to his present submit, Smyth led Netflix’s marketing partnership efforts to establish buzz for demonstrates like “Stranger Things,” by way of minimal-edition Nike sneakers, Baskin-Robbins ice cream, and co-internet marketing promotions. Smyth held senior roles at Google and Motorola right before Netflix.
- Shannon Willett, VP, international marketing and advertising system and operations, has held several roles all through her six-year tenure at Netflix, like top promoting teams dependable for North The united states, Australia, and New Zealand. She spent seven years at the ad company Allied Integrated Promoting right before Netflix.